Gardening Design Service
We offer a Full Design Service for all or part of your garden.
The garden design process starts with a meeting to let our designer view your garden and discuss with you your requirements and aspirations for your garden. You will be presented with a report detailing these for you to check that the designer has fully understood how you want to use your garden, your budget and the style of garden you would like creating. Alongside this you will receive a detailed quotation for producing the design broken down into the stages below:
- Garden Survey: this involves accurately measuring your garden, including the position of any features and plants that are to remain, a soil analysis to determine its pH and structure, analysis of the site aspect and surroundings. It may be carried out by Pickering PlantCare or a surveyor they appoint.
- Production of initial concept ideas drawings (usually 2 different interpretations of your requirements): these are presented to the client with visuals illustrating the types of features proposed and samples of potential hard landscaping materials.
- Detailed master plan: using the feedback from the concept ideas presentation a scale drawing is produced showing all the hard landscaping features and specimen plants. Attached to the masterplan are detailed notes listing the materials to be used so that a landscaper can accurately price up the project. Pickering PlantCare does not provide build or project management services but we can put clients in contact with trusted landscapers and where necessary will attend site meetings to discuss aspects of the design.
- Planting Plan: this is a scale drawing showing all the plants of be used, ensuring a balanced planting combination is used for the conditions in the garden.
Additional services which may be included in the package are:
- Sourcing of plants
- Planting and plant care schedule
- Follow up visits to check up on the establishment of the plants and ensure they keep looking at their best
- Follow up gardening tutorials on how to care for your plants
- Production of 2D or 3D drawings of all or part of the project
- Construction drawings for specific features